Digital pulse processing techniques for X-ray and gamma ray semiconductor detectors
- Autori: Abbene, L.; Gerardi, G.; Raso, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: digital pulse processing, semiconductor detectors
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/63881
Digital pulse processing (DPP) systems, based on direct digitizing and processing of detector signals, have recently been favoured over analog electronics, ensuring higher flexibility, stability and lower dead time. We present our research activities on the development of X-ray and gamma ray spectrometers based on semiconductor detectors and DPP systems. We developed off-line and real-time DPP systems able to perform precise height and shape analysis of detector pulses. X-ray and gamma ray spectra measurements with cadmium telluride (CdTe) and germanium (Ge) detectors highlight the excellent performance of the systems both at low and high rate environments (up to 800 kcps).