Strategic Environmental Analysis (SEA) of the building Sector: an Annotated List of Indicators and a Simple Methodology
- Autori: LA GENNUSA, M.; Rizzo, G.; Scaccianoce, G.; Traverso, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2003
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA); building sector; environmental indicators
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/47554
With respect to the SEA of the town planning scheme of the Sicilian region, we will analyse through the paper the most commonly adopted indicators of sustainability and we will select the most promising of them for the purpose. Moreover, a simplified approach will be introduced for the assessment of the SEA by utilising both simple and aggregate indicators: simple indicators (selected among those proposed in the literature) will lead to the “technical” assessment of the SEA, while aggregate indicators (built up by properly grouping the simple ones) will lead to the “political” assessment of the Sicilian urbanistic sector. Simple indicators will refer to official data, essentially concerning measured parameters of the pollution conditions of the region. In order of defining the aggregate indicators, we will also take into account new environmental methodologies of analysis, with particular attention to the “ecological footprint” method and to the “dashboard” methodology