Forecasting pollutant emission of the urban vehicular running fleet by means of synthetic indicators
- Autori: Calvino, F.; LA GENNUSA, M.; Rizzo, G.; Scaccianoce, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2003
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Traffic pollution; vehicular fleet; sustainability indicators
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/47644
The simple method here presented, devoted to the evaluation of the environmental performances of transportation systems, is mainly referred to the pollutant emission factors released within the "COPERT III” approach. The method is here adopted for building up a synthetic indicator of the whole pollutant emissions from the transportation sector in a given urban area. The indicator can be utilised in the aim of comparing the environmental effects of different transportation policies: the introducing of modal changes in the transportation demand from private cars to public vehicles, for examples, could be suitably analysed. Apart the knowledge of the proper pollutant emission factors, the method only requires the availability of data concerning the running car fleet of the considered site.