People comfort and artwork saving in museums: comparing indoor requisites
- Autori: LA GENNUSA, M.; Rizzo, G.; Pietrafesa, M.; Rodono', G.; Scaccianoce, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: museum buildings; works of art conservation; comfort indoor; microclimatic parameters
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/38938
In museums, environmental indoor conditions should, contemporaneously, preserve the exhibited works of art and ensure the comfort conditions for people. Unfortunately, human and artworks requirements are characterised by different values of the physical indoor parameters that, occasionally, could become conflicting. In the paper, these problems are addressed by means of a literature analysis, with a specific attention to thermal comfort conditions of people. The possibility of finding common ranges of values for both requisites is finally discussed. Some recent technical recommendations on the matter have also been considered for indicating some HVAC equipment and appliances to be adopted in museums.