FROM FUEL BASED GENERATION TO SMART RENEWABLE GENERATION: PRELIMINARY DESIGN FOR AN ISLANDED SYSTEM. PART I: TECHNICAL ISSUES AND FUTURE SCENARIOS
- Autori: Favuzza, S.; Graditi, G.; Ippolito, M.; Massaro, F.; Musca, R.; RIVA SANSEVERINO, E.; Zizzo, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Active electrical distribution systems, renewables
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/60406
The subject addressed in this paper is the analytical study of the transition of the energy generation system for a real MV/LV distribution system from a ‘fuel based’ one to a distributed and smart ‘renewables based’ one. The paper outlines the technical issues related to such transition from one type of system to the other. The study is carried out for a real islanded MV/LV distribution network located in the Island of Pantelleria. The economical issues regarding the above transition are focused in a companion paper.