Analysis of the Limitations of WiFi Communications Managed by the IEEE 802.11 Protocol in Data Transmission in Automated Power Distribution Systems
- Autori: Campoccia, F.; RIVA SANSEVERINO, E.; Zizzo, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: IEEE 802.11; WiFi; Diagnostic
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/52061
This paper presents a study on the performances of the IEEE 802.11 protocol used in a Medium Voltage networks management system, carried out using a model for the simulation of WiFi chains architectures. The results of the simulations give some practical indications for the use of the IEEE 802.11 protocol also in presence of transmissions characterized by rigid time intervals, for which this protocol is usually not suitable. Finally the whole communications system is presented.