A Case of Cooperative Sound Design
- Autori: Erkut, C; Rocchesso, D; Delle Monache, S; Serafin, S;
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2016
- Tipologia: Contributo in atti di convegno pubblicato in volume
- Parole Chiave: Design cognition; Design theory; Product sound design; Sonic interaction design; Vocal sketching;
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/390286
In this design case study, protocol and linkographic analysis are applied to a task of cooperative vocal sketching, proposed in the scope of educational research activities. The understanding of the cognitive behaviors involved in sound creation is aimed at setting the ground for the development of rigorous, designerly evaluation practices tailored to sound design, all the way to the final interactive product. Relevant qualitative and quantitative information about the creative process informs the assessment and possibly improvement of sound design methods.