Networking strategy as a strategic management tool
- Autori: Riccobono, F.; Bruccoleri, M.; Perrone, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Horizontal relationships; Vertical relationships; Strategic intent
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/76399
Many research studies in operations and strategic management have investigated how different kinds of decisions regarding business relationships can positively affect firm’s operations performance, resources endowment, and competitive position. Very few studies exist trying to illuminate the actual behavior of managers when making strategic decisions concerning their company relationships with other companies as opposed to normative theory. By collecting data from 13 business agreements from 3 firms, the purpose of this paper is explore linkages between the “set” of strategic objectives that managers are willing to pursue and the “set” of networking decisions that they actually consider when signing a business agreement.