Networking strategy for competitive advantage
- Autori: Riccobono, F.; Bruccoleri, M.; Perrone, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Make or buy decision, governance mechanism, operations performance, resource based view
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/56575
This paper explores the potential of networking strategy as a source of competitive advantage by integrating market- based and resource-based logics. It contributes to operations management literature by considering not just supply chain structures but also others kinds of network that can emerge from horizontal agreements (i.e. alliances, partnerships, joint ventures, etc.). The paper reviews the literature and develops propositions regarding how make/buy/make together decisions, governance mechanisms and network-base structures allow firms both to pursue operations performance objectives and obtain/create valuable resources. A case study supports the propositions and shows a practical application of the presented research framework.