Human factor policy testing in the sequencing of manual mixed model assembly lines
- Autori: Perrone, G.; Costa, A.; Fichera, S.; Celano, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2004
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Assembly line; Human factor; Sequencing; Conveyor stoppage
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/49505
In this paper the human resource management in manual mixed model assembly U-lines is considered. The objective is to minimise the total conveyor stoppage time to achieve the full efficiency of the line. A model, that includes effects of the human resource, was developed in order to evaluate human factor policies impact on the optimal solution of this line sequencing problem. Different human resource management policies are introduced to cope with the particular layout of the proposed line. Several examples have been proposed to investigate the effects of line dimensions on the proposed management policies. The examples have been solved through a genetic algorithm. The obtained results confirm the effectiveness of the proposed model on the performance optimisation of the line.