The role of school physical education on adolescents' fitness levels during the pandemic period from COVID-19: An observational study of the Italian scientific high school—section sport and physical activity
- Autori: Patti A.; Giustino V.; Figlioli F.; Miceli M.; Barca M.; Drid P.; Palma A.; Bianco A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2022
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista
- Parole Chiave: Handgrip strength; body posture; jumping performance; physical activity; physical education; school; vertical jump height; vertical jump performance; Adolescent; Case-Control Studies; Exercise; Hand Strength; Humans; Pandemics; Schools; COVID-19; Physical Education and Training
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/571467
In Italy, in 2013, a new school curriculum with a sport character was established in high schools, called Sports High School (SHS). The aims of this study were: (1) to assess the fitness levels of SHS students who, respecting all the safety rules to limit the spread of COVID-19, practiced physical education (PE) at school with continuity for almost all of 2021, and to compare them with Traditional High School (THS) students; (2) to evaluate as the SHS may have influenced the fitness levels in adolescents.