Bacterial and chemical indicator of coastal water pollution.
- Autori: Torregrossa, M.; . VALENTINO, L.; Gullotti, A.; Casuccio, A.; Procaccianti, P.; Orecchio, S.; Poma, L.; Candura, R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 1993
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: bacterial, chemical, indicator
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/61131
This study has been carried out to compare the presence of some organic compounds of long environmental persistance (OCLEP) and heavy metals, in sea water samples, with faecal pollution indicators. Along the Sicily coast line three sites with different grade of pollution (urban, agricultural, industrial) were sampled. 69 samples were obtained from October 1987 to May 1990. Only indicators of faecal pollution were found linked to human settlements, while the other investigated anthropogenic activity related substances were found independently from sampling area.