An Agent Based Model of Air Traffic Management
- Autori: Bongiorno, C.; Micciche', S.; Mantegna, R.; Gurtner, G.; Lillo, F.; Valori, L.; Ducci, M.; Monechi, B.; Pozzi, S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2013
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Air traffic management;agent-based models
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/94370
The WP-E ELSA project aims at developing an empirically grounded agent based model that describes some of the stylized facts observed in the Air Traffic Management of the European airspace. The model itself has two main parts: (i) The strategic layer, focused on the interaction between the Network Manager and the Airline Operators and (ii) the tactical layer, focused on aircraft and controllers behaviour in Air Traffic Control (ATC) sectors. The preliminary results for the strategic layer show that when we have a mixing of re-routing and shifting companies, the overall satisfaction can even increase together with the number of flights, which is an effect not observed when only one type of companies is present. The preliminary results for the tactical layer indicate that when shocks in the system are confined in small areas, the interplay between the re-routing and change of flight level strategies may even lead to trajectory modifications that give smaller average delays as long as the number of shocks increases.