Pseudoaneurysm of superior thyroid artery following a transesophageal echocardiography: A case presentation
- Autori: Canevari, F.; Martines, F.; Sorrentino, R.; Nicolotti, M.; Sireci, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2017
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Endovascular coil embolization; ENT complication; Pseuduoaneurysm; Medicine (all)
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/246823
The pseudo-aneurysm is an encapsulated hematoma of post-traumatic origin which is in communication with the lumen of the artery of relevance. We present a rare case of pseudo-aneurysm occurring after superior thyroid trans-esophageal echocardiography (TEE) and external cardioversion. Singular occurrence in otolaryngology, if not recognized early a pseudo-aneurysm can result in dramatic events such cataclysmic bleeding or acute occlusion of the upper airway.