Shape and dimensional accuracy in Single Point Incremental Forming: State of the art and future trends
- Autori: Micari, F.; Ambrogio, G.; Filice, L.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2007
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Incremental sheet forming; Accuracy; Net-shape forming
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/60945
The paper is aimed to discuss some relevant issues concerning an innovative sheet metal forming technology, namely Single Point Incremental Forming. The advantages of this technology are addressed, including its capability to provide effective answers to some impellent industrial requirements: process flexibility, strong customer orientation, production of highly differentiated goods at low industrial costs. As well some relevant drawbacks are highlighted, mainly as concerns the level of accuracy permitted by the process. A wide recognition of the research efforts in this field is presented, taking into account some general considerations on the difference sources of shape and dimensional errors, as well as the influence of the most relevant parameters. Finally, some strategies for error minimisation are presented and discussed.