Enhancing formability of aluminium alloys by superimposing hydrostatic pressure
- Autori: Filice, L.; Fratini, L.; Micari, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2003
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Damage mechanics; FEM; Forging; Material formability; Microvoids; Upsetting; Engineering (all)
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/295425
In this paper a simple upsetting process of AA6082-T6 cylindrical specimens in presence of an external hydrostatic pressure was investigated. A damage mechanics approach was utilized in order to forecast the insurgence of ductile fractures. A quite satisfactory agreement was found out between the numerical predictions and the experimental results, the latter being obtained carrying out the upsetting tests inside a high pressure chamber.