Material Flow in FSW of T-joints: Experimental and Numerical Analysis
- Autori: Buffa, G.; Fratini, L.; Micari, F.; R., S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2008
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: FSW; T-Joints; FEM; material flow
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/34907
In the paper the authors present the results of both an experimental and a numerical campaign focused on the analysis of the occurring material flow in the FSW of T joints of aluminum alloys. In particular to investigate the metal flow experimental tests and observations has been developed utilizing a thin foil of copper as marker placed between the skin and the stringer. In this way, the actual metal flow occurring during the FSW of T-joints has been highlighted together with the real bonding surface. The acquired information is definitively useful in order to choose effective set of process parameters, improving the process mechanics and avoiding the insurgence of defects.