Furostanol saponins and ecdysones with cytotoxic activity from Helleborus bocconei ssp. intermedius
- Autori: Rosselli, S.; Maggio, A.; Bruno, M.; Spadaro, V.; Formisano, C.; Irace, C.; Maffettone, C.; Mascolo, N.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: H. bocconei subsp. intermedius; Ranunculaceae; furostanol saponins; C6 glioma cells; cytotoxic activity
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/38425
Two furostanol saponins helleboroside A (1) and helleboroside B (2) were isolated from the methanol extract of Helleborus bocconei Ten. subsp. intermedius (Guss.) Greuter and Burdet, along with the furospirostanol saponin 4 and two ecdysones: ecdysterone (5) and polypodyne B (6). Compound 2 was enzymatically hydrolysed to give product 3. The biological activity of all compounds was tested against rat C6 glioma cells showing a significant cytotoxicity for compounds 3, 4 and 6. Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.