Cytotoxic activity of diterpenoids isolated from the aerial parts of Elaeoselinum asclepium subsp. meoides
- Autori: Rosselli, S.; Maggio, A.; Eiroa, C.; Formisano, C.; Bruno, M.; Irace, C.; Maffettone, C.; Mascolo, N.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2008
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Elaeoselinum asclepium subsp. meoides, Umbelliferae, diterpenoids, meoidic acid, cytotoxic activity
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/45451
The phytochemical investigation of the acetone extract of the aerial parts of Elaeoselinum asclepium (L.) Bertol. subsp. meoides (Desf.) Fiori afforded several known diterpenoids as well as meoidic acid (5), new in the literature. The cytotoxic activities of elasclepic acid (1), ent-atis-16-en-19-oic acid (2), ent-beyer-15-en-19-oic acid (3), ent-kaur-16-en-19-oic acid (4) and meoidic acid (5) were investigated on rat glioma C6 cells by evaluation of cell growth inhibition.