Singularity Formation and Separation Phenomena in Boundary Layer Theory
- Autori: Gargano, F.; Lombardo, M.; Sammartino, M.; Sciacca, V.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Prandtl's equations, Separation, Spectral Methods, Complex singularities, Blow up time, Regularizing viscosity
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/47026
In this paper we review some results concerning the behaviour of the incompressible Navier–Stokes solutions in the zero viscosity limit. Most of the emphasis is put on the phenomena occurring in the boundary layer created when the no-slip condition is imposed. Numerical simulations are used to explore the limits of the theory. We also consider the case of 2D vortex layers, i.e. flows with internal layers in the form of a rapid variation, across a curve, of the tangential velocity.