Monitoring marine water quality of Sicily by means of remotely sensed imagery
- Autori: LA LOGGIA, G.; Capodici, F.; Ciraolo, G.; Maltese, A.; Nizza, S.; Pampalone, V.; Scordo, A.; Tulone, M.; Vitagliano, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2008
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: MODIS, clorofilla-a, turbidity, total suspended solids
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/48837
Within the framework of the GEOGRID research project, a semi-automatic computational chain has been implemented in order to map the time evolution of marine water quality, around Sicily island, by means of satellite images. To this aim a set of MODIS (TERRA and AQUA) multispectral images has been acquired. An automatic system to georeference and calibrate the images has been implemented. All the procedures to map clorophill-a, total suspended solids and turbidity come from the literature, whereas models parameters have been calibrated by means of in situ measurements.