Singularities for Prandtl's equations.
- Autori: LO BOSCO, G.; Sammartino, M.; Sciacca, V.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2006
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Prandtl’s equations, Separation, Spectral methods, Complex singularities, Blow–up time, Regularizing viscosity.
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/15010
We used a mixed spectral/finite-difference numerical method to investigate the possibility of a finite time blow-up of the solutions of Prandtl's equations for the case of the impulsively started cylinder. Our toll is the complex singularity tracking method. We show that a cubic root singularity seems to develop, in a time that can be made arbitrarily short, from a class of data uniformely bounded in H^1.