Water in stereoselective organocatalytic reactions
- Autori: Gruttadauria, M.; Giacalone, F.; Noto, R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: aldol reaction; Diels–Alder reaction; Mannich reaction; Michael addition; organic catalysis; water
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/37183
In this review, recent advances in asymmetric organocatalytic reactions carried out with variable amounts of water, from substoichiometric to a large excess (reaction medium), are discussed. We also summarize several proposed mechanisms for the different possibilities of the action of water both in the increased activity of the catalyst and in the asymmetric induction. Finally, the application of this catalytic methodology to the enantioselective synthesis of valuable compounds through enamine or iminium catalysis is presented.