Stereoselective aldol reaction catalyzed by a highly recyclable polystyrene supported substituted prolinamide catalyst
- Autori: Gruttadauria, M.; Giacalone, F.; MOSSUTO MARCULESCU, A.; Salvo, A.; Noto, R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: organocatalysis, proline, aldol reaction, polystyrene
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/37192
Polystyrene supported substituted prolinamide was used as catalyst in the aldol reaction between cyclohexanone or acetone and several substituted benzaldehydes in chloroform/water. This catalyst afforded aldol products in high yields and stereoselectivities, especially in the case of reactions performed with acetone. The catalyst was easily recovered by filtration and reused, after regeneration with formic acid, up to 22 times.