Heterogeneous catalytic degradation of phenolic substrates: catalysts activity
- Autori: Liotta, L.; Gruttadauria, M.; DI CARLO, G.; Perrini, G.; Librando, V.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: AOPs Catalytic wet peroxide oxidation Catalytic ozonation Catalytic wet oxidation Phenol Acetic acid Metal-exchanged zeolites Hydrotalcite-like compounds Metal-exchanged/clays and resins Activated carbon Mixed oxides Noble metals CoOx/Al2O3-BaO catalysts
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/37045
This review article explored the catalytic degradation of phenol and some phenols derivates by means of advanced oxidation processes (AOPs). Among them, only the heterogeneous catalyzed processes based on catalytic wet peroxide oxidation. catalytic ozonation and catalytic wet oxidation were reviewed. Also selected recent examples about heterogeneous photocatalytic AOPs; will be presented. In details, the present review contains: (i) data concerning catalytic wet peroxide oxidation of phenolic compounds over metal-exchanged zeolites, hydrotalcites, metal-exchanged clays and resins. (ii) Use of cobalt-based catalysts, hydrotalcite-like compounds, active carbons in the catalytic ozonation process. (iii) Activity of transition metal oxides, active carbons and supported noble metals catalysts in the catalytic wet oxidation of phenol and acetic acid. The most relevant results in terms of catalytic activity for each class of catalysts were reported.