Binding of flunitrazepam to differentiating neurons cultured in a chemically defined, hormone-supplemented medium
- Autori: Savettieri, G.; Guarneri, R.; Salemi, G.; LA BELLA, V.; Ferraro, D.; Scondotto, S.; Piccoli, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 1990
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Flunitrazepam; GABA; neuronal culture; Biochemistry; Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/207501
[3H]Flunitrazepam (FNZ) binding to cortical neurons from fetal rat brain was investigated in vitro. The use of a synthetic medium specific for neurons made it possible to plot a developmental curve of3H-FNZ binding in an almost pure neuronal culture. Detectable specific binding was present in vitro at time 0 (that is, the 16th gestational day). A progressive increase of binding, due to an increment in the number of recognition sites, was observed on the subsequent days. The affinity of the specific binding sites to3H-FNZ was enhanced by the addition of exogenous GABA, whereas the density was not affected. © 1990 Plenum Publishing Corporation.