Unusual assortment of segments in 2 rare human rotavirus genomes
- Autori: DE GRAZIA, S.; Giammanco, G.; Potgieter, C.; Matthijnssens, J.; Bányai, K.; Platia, M.; Colomba, C.; Martella, V.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: human rotavirus; G3P; full genome sequencing; genotyping; interspecies transmission; reassortment
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/49486
Using full-length genome sequence analysis, we investigated 2 rare G3P human rotavirus strains isolated from children with diarrhea. The genomes were recognized as assortments of genes closely related to rotaviruses originating from cats, ruminants, and humans. Results suggest multiple transmissions of genes from animal to human strains of rotaviruses.