Norovirus and gastroenteritis in hospitalized children, Italy.
- Autori: Colomba, C.; Saporito, L.; Giammanco, G.; DE GRAZIA, S.; Ramirez, S.; Arista, S.; TITONE LANZA DI SCALEA, L.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2007
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Noroviruses, gastroenteritis
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/30546
Noroviruses were detected in 48.4% of 192 children (<3 years of age) hospitalized for gastroenteritis in Palermo, Italy, during 2004; predominant genotypes were GGIIb/Hilversum and GGII.4 Hunter. Of children with viral enteritis, 19.6% had a mixed norovirus-rotavirus infection. The severity of infection was lower for norovirus than for rotavirus but increased in co-infection.