Tuning inflammation in tuberculosis: the role of decoy receptors
- Autori: Di Liberto, D; Caccamo, N; Meraviglia, S; Guggino, G; La Manna, MP; Sireci, G; Salerno, A; Dieli, F
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Decoy receptors; TIR8/SIGIRR; D6; Mycobacterium tuberculosis; Cytokines; Chemokines; Immunopathology; Inflammation
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/46622
Decoy receptors are "silent scavengers" of CC chemokines and cytokines, which play a key role in damping inflammation and tissue damage. In this review we discuss on recent findings demonstrating that these receptors set the balance between antimicrobial resistance, immune activation and inflammatory response in Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection.