Direct evaluation of jumps for nonlinear systems under external and multiplicative impulses
- Autori: DI MATTEO, A.; DI PAOLA, M.; Pirrotta, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2017
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Dirac's delta; multiplicative impulsive input; Nonlinear systems; Mechanical Engineering
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/243801
In this paper the problem of the response evaluation of nonlinear systems under multiplicative impulsive input is treated. Such systems exhibit a jump at each impulse occurrence, whose value cannot be predicted through the classical differential calculus. In this context here the correct jump evaluation of nonlinear systems is obtained in closed form for two general classes of nonlinear multiplicative functions. Analysis has been performed to show the different typical behaviors of the response, which in some cases could diverge or converge to zero instantaneously, depending on the amplitude of the Dirac's delta.