Control of the high harmonic generation spectra by changing the molecule-laser field relative orientation
- Autori: Daniele, R.; Morales, F.; Castiglia, G.; Corso, P.; Orlando, G.; Fiordilino, E.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: High order harmonics; diatomic molecule; laser-matter interaction;
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/50341
The time dependent Schrödinger equation of a homonuclear diatomic molecule in the presence of a linearly polarized laser ﬁeld is numerically solved by means of a split-operator parallel code. The calculations are carried out by assuming a single active electron model with ﬁxed nuclei; a simpliﬁed two-dimensional model of the system is used. The highly nonlinear response of the electron wave function to the laser electric ﬁeld stimulates the molecule to emit electromagnetic radiation consisting of a wide plateau of odd harmonics of the laser ﬁeld. It is shown that the emitted spectrum can be ﬁnely controlled by changing the angle between the laser electric ﬁeld and the molecular axis; this can be used to achieve a tunable source of high frequency radiation.