Bremsstrahlung from a repulsive potential: attosecond pulse generation
- Autori: Orlando, G.; Castiglia, G.; Corso, P.; Fiordilino, E.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2008
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Bremsstrahlung; generazione di attosecondi;
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/44774
The collision of an electron against a repulsive potential in the presence of a laser field is investigated. It is found that a sufficiently strong laser field forces the electron to remain in the neighbourhood of the repulsive potential causing bremsstrahlung. By appropriately filtering the emitted signal, an electron in the presence of a repulsive potential is capable of generating attosecond pulses.