Electronic Health Record in Italy and Personal Data Protection
- Autori: Bologna, S; Bellavista, A; Corso, PP; Zangara, G
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2016
- Tipologia: Abstract in atti di convegno pubblicato in rivista
- Parole Chiave: Data protection; Italian Electronic Health Record (EHR); Italy; Minors; Patient-centred approach; Privacy;
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/104015
The present article deals with the Italian Electronic Health Record (hereinafter EHR), recently introduced by Act 221/2012, with a specific focus on personal data protection. Privacy issues - e.g., informed consent, data processing, patients' rights and minors' will - are discussed within the framework of recent e-Health legislation, national Data Protection Code, the related Data Protection Authority pronouncements and EU law. The paper is aimed at discussing the problems arising from a complex, fragmentary and sometimes uncertain legal framework on e-Health.