Analisi tecnica di cantieri meccanizzati nelle operazioni di utilizzazioni forestali in Sicilia
- Autori: CALAFATELLO, AR; CATANIA, P; VALLONE, M; PIPITONE, F
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2005
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista
- Parole Chiave: forest utilization, transporters, timber chutes
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/22673
The authors describe the results of a research performed in a wood of the Western Sicily, covered with Pinus halepensis Mill. and Cupressus sempervirens L. Felling, delimbing, cross-cutting and extraction of the logs were carried out. The wood obtained was used as firewood. Two different methods of logs extraction were carried out: with transporters and with polyethylene timber chutes. The working time and the labour productivity recorded during each operations are reported. The results show that in the forest utilization performed in Sicily the mean labour productivity per operator is 2.4 t of firewood per day. This value fits well the mean value recorded in Italy (2-3 t of firewood per day). However, the results can be improved reducing the minimum number of operators from 6 to 4.