Detection of Human Papillomavirus DNA in cervical samples: analysis of the new PGMY-PCR compared to Hybrid Capture II, MY-PCR and a Two-step nested PCR assay.
- Autori: Giovannelli, L.; A., L.; Capra, G.; Giordano, V.; Arico, P.; Ammatuna, P.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2004
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Papillomavirus Infections; Tumor Virus Infections; Polymerase Chain Reaction
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/9831
The PGMY-PCR for human papillomavirus (HPV) was evaluated, in parallel with nested PCR (nPCR), in samples with noted Hybrid Capture II (HCII) and MY-PCR results. PGMY-PCR detected HPV DNA in 2.5% of HCII-negative-MY-PCR-negative samples and in 71.7% of HCII-positive-MY-PCR-negative samples; also, it detected the MY-PCR-negative-nPCR-negative types HPV-42, HPV-44, HPV-51, HPV-87, and HPV-89.