Associate Professor at the University of Palermo (Italy) since 15th September 2015
1995 - University of Palermo - Italy, Title: M.Sc. in Hydraulic Engineering, Final grade: 110/110 magna cum laude
2000 - University of Reggio Calabria - Italy Title: Ph.D. in Hydraulic Engineering, Final grade: Excellent
2001 – 2004 - Post-doctoral grant on the following research program: “Study of the interactions between water ecosystem and water circulation by means of numerical modelling and remote sensing observations” Scientific supervisor: Prof. Goffredo La Loggia
2005 – 2015, Researcher on “Hydrology and Hydraulic Construction” at the Department DICAM University of Palermo.
2015 – today, Associate Professor on “Hydrology and Hydraulic Construction” at the Department DICAM of the University of Palermo.
Academic lectureship appointments - 2005 –today- Lectureship in Remote Sensing in hydrology and water resources management - University of Palermo (Italy).
1) Remote sensing applications in hydrology;
2) Integration of remotely sensed data in hydrology GIS systems;
3) Remote sensing applications for marine water quality assessment and pollution detection;
4) numerical modelling of water circulation in shallow waters; transport and diffusion simulation of pollutant in natural waters;
5) laboratory experiments for hydraulic resistance assessment of long and flexible submersed vegetation;
6) laboratory experiment on sewer pressurization problems.
He is author of more than 100 papers dealing with the following topics:
• remote sensing in hydrology and agriculture;
• remote sensing of marine water quality;
• hydrodynamic numerical simulations of water circulation in shallow waters;
• submersed vegetation interaction with water flow;
• pressurisation phenomena in sewers.