On the Exhaustive Generation of k-Convex Polyominoes
- Autori: Brocchi, S.; Castiglione, G.; Massazza, P.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2014
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Convexity, K-convex polyominoes.
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/99388
In this paper we present a simple algorithm for computing the degree of convexity of a convex polyomino, defined as the smallest integer k such that any two cells of P can be joined by a monotone path inside P with at most k changes of direction. We show how it can be used to obtain an efficient algorithm for computing all k-convex polyominoes of size n. More precisely, such an algorithm uses space O(n) and runs in constant amortized time.