In vivo Microperfusion Studies: Validation and Potential Uses in Critical Patients
- Autori: Carini, F; Lo Piccolo, C; Cocorullo, G; Varia, P; Ferrara, S; Valenza, V
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Endothelium, vascular epithelium, microcircol, sepsis
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/52335
Recent studies have suggested an increase in sepsis rates, this increase is due to several factors, such as the increase in the average age of the population, the growing number of invasive procedures and use of immunosuppressive drugs. The increase in sepsis incidence causes localized endothelial damage in various regions, it was this aspect that led us to focus the studies on the endothelium and in vivo microperfusion investigations in order to contribute to the scientific knowledge in this field. The present study will meticulously analyze this current and complex issue that affects on a daily basis, everyone involved in critical patient care.