Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia (CIN) in pregnancy: the state of the art
- Autori: Origoni, M.; Salvatore, S.; Perino, A.; Cucinella, G.; Candiani, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2014
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia; Female; Humans; Pregnancy; Risk Factors; Uterine Cervical Neoplasms
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/239538
Cervical cancer is the most commonly diagnosed malignancy in pregnancy and cervical screening should be accordingly performed in this particular situation. Occurrence of a preneoplastic cervical disease in pregnancy has for a long time represented a challenge for the clinician, both in terms of diagnostic accuracy, treatment options and risk of obstetrical complications. For these reasons, lack of uniformity in diagnosis and management is still commonly observed and the need for evidence-based clarifications is strongly required. Consistently with the literature evidences and accordingly with international guidelines, this review aim to overview the most significant aspects of the issue and trace simple and practical indications for an evidence-based correct workout and management of these conditions.