Quasideterministic realization of a universal quantum gate in a single scattering process
- Autori: Ciccarello, F.; Browne, D.; Kwek, L.; Schomerus, H.; Zarcone, M.; Bose, S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: quantum gate, qubit, scattering, photon waveguides
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/64673
We show that a flying particle, such as an electron or a photon, scattering along a one-dimensional waveguide from a pair of static spin- 1 2 centers, such as quantum dots, can implement a CONTROLLED-Z gate (universal for quantum computation) between them. This occurs quasideterministically in a single scattering event, with no need for any postselection or iteration and without demanding the flying particle to bear any internal spin. We show that an easily matched hard-wall boundary condition along with the elastic nature of the process are key to such performances.