Local-channel-induced rise of quantum correlations in continuous-variable systems
- Autori: Ciccarello, F.; Giovannetti, V.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: discord, cv systems, quantum correlations
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/64897
It was recently discovered that the quantum correlations of a pair of disentangled qubits, as measured by the quantum discord, can increase solely because of their interaction with a local dissipative bath. Here, we show that a similar phenomenon can occur in continuous-variable bipartite systems.With this aim, we consider a class of two-mode squeezed thermal states and study the behavior of Gaussian quantum discord under various local Markovian nonunitary channels. While these in general cause a monotonic drop of quantum correlations, an initial rise can take place with a thermal-noise channel.