Creating quantum correlations through local non-unitary memoryless channels
- Autori: Ciccarello, F.; Giovannetti, V.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: quantum correlations, quantum channels, qubit
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/64895
We show that two qubits, initially in a fully classical state, can develop significant quantum correlations as measured by the quantum discord (QD) under the action of a local memoryless noise (specifically we consider the case of a Markovian amplitude-damping channel). This is analytically proven after deriving in a compact form the QD for the class of separable states involved in such a process.We provide a picture in the Bloch sphere that unambiguously highlights the physical mechanism behind the effect regardless of the specific measure of quantum correlations adopted.