Quantum Non-Markovian Piecewise Dynamics from Collision Models
- Autori: Lorenzo, S.; Ciccarello, F.; Palma, G.; Vacchini, B.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2017
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: collision model; Lindblad equation; non-Markovian dynamics; Open quantum system; Statistical and Nonlinear Physics; Statistics and Probability; Mathematical Physics
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/271497
Recently, a large class of quantum non-Markovian piecewise dynamics for an open quantum system obeying closed evolution equations has been introduced . These dynamics have been defined in terms of a waiting-time distribution between quantum jumps, along with quantum maps describing the effect of jumps and the system evolution between them. Here, we present a quantum collision model with memory, whose reduced dynamics in the continuous-time limit reproduces the above class of non-Markovian piecewise dynamics, thus providing an explicit microscopic realization.