Surface waves on cylindrical solids: Numerical and experimental study
- Autori: Mineo,C; Cerniglia,D; Pantano,A
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2013
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Cylindrical surface waves, Phase shift, Laser ultrasound, Numerical simulation
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/76842
The use of Rayleigh waves enables the solution of several important inspection problems. Propagation of surface waves along straight boundaries has been properly studied but investigations about their propagation on cylindrical surfaces are not sufﬁcient, despite they can be still of interest for NDE applications. It has been proved experimentally that a surface wave pulse suffers a phase shift during its propagation along a cylindrical surface. A numerical approach has been developed to efﬁciently study these effects for different materials, curvatures and frequencies. This study can help the scientiﬁc community to better understand the phenomenon, quite complex and not yet fully explored.