An Approach for the Design of Self-Conscious Agent for Robotics
- Autori: Chella, A.; Cossentino, M.; Seidita, V.; Tona, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Self-Conscious agent, agent methodology
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/77309
Developing complex robotic systems endowed with self- conscious abilities and subjective experience is a hard requirement to face at design time. This paper deals with the development of robotic systems that do not own any a-priori knowledge of the environment they live in and proposes an agent-orientd design process for modelling and implementing such a systems by means of implementing the perception loop occurring between environment, body and brain during subjective experience. A case study dealing with a robocup setup is proposed in order to describe the design process activities and to illustrate the techniques for making the robot able to autonomously decide when an unknown situations occurs and to learn from experience