HIV infection with viro-immunological dissociation in a patient with polycystic kidney disease: Candidate for transplantation?
- Autori: Colomba, C.; Trizzino, M.; Gioe', C.; Di Bona, D.; Mularoni, A.; Cascio, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2016
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: HIV; Lymphopenia; Polycystic kidney disease; Transplantation; Viro-immunological dissociation; Infectious Diseases
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/243759
Here we describe the case of a HIV-infected patient with polycystic kidney disease and end stage renal diseases not transplantable due to the persistence of a CD4 count <200 notwithstanding a good virological response to highly active antiretroviral therapy and suggest that such limitation to kidney transplantation in such as cases might be bypassed.