An Interface Mechanical Model with a Cohesive to Frictional Transition
- Autori: Borino, G.; Failla, B.; Parrinello, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio (Capitolo o saggio)
- Parole Chiave: Interface, damage, cohesive fracture, process zone, frictional, cyclic loading, finite elements
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/42366
A thermodynamically consistent mechanical interface model is presented. The model is based on the interface damage mechanic theory applied in a special fashion such that the interface damage variable is also used as a parameter which drives the continuous and smooth transition from the sound initial cohesive state to the final fully fractured frictional state. Interface damage activation and fictional sliding are promoted by a damage activation function and a Coulomb frictional yielding function. The main features of the model are discussed in details and some numerical results for the material response are shown in monotonic and cyclic loading regimes.