Study of axillary lymph node asymmetry in a female population
- Autori: Cappello, F.; Bellafiore, M.; Palma, A.; Marciano', V.; Zummo, G.; Farina, F.; Bucchieri, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2001
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Breast cancer; Histopathological changes; Hyperplasia; Mastectomy; Tumoral antigenic stimulation; Agricultural and Biological Sciences (miscellaneous); Anatomy
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/191028
We analysed a large series of axillary lymph nodes, with and without metastases following radical mastectomy for breast cancer. We found left/right asymmetry in numbers of lymph nodes, and also asymmetry of lymph node dimensions, which could have been the caused by tumoral antigenic stimulation. The distribution of hyperplastic node patterns differed significantly.