Simultaneous seismic wave clustering and registration
- Autori: Adelfio, G.; Chiodi, M.; D'Alessandro, A.; Luzio, D.; D'Anna, G.; Mangano, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Functional clustering,Curve registration, Waveform, Palermo aftershocks sequence
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/63464
In this paper we introduce a simple procedure to identify clusters of multivariate waveforms based on a simultaneous assignation and alignment procedure. This approach is aimed at the identification of clusters of earthquakes, assuming that similarities between seismic events with respect to hypocentral parameters and focal mechanism correspond to similarities between waveforms of events. Therefore we define a distance measure between seismic curves in R^d d>=1, in order to interpret and better understand the main features of the generating seismic process.