Probabilistic forecast for Northern New Zealand seismic process based on a forward predictive kernel estimator
- Autori: Adelfio, G.; Chiodi, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio (Capitolo o saggio)
- Parole Chiave: Space-time intensity function, kernel smoothing, earthquakes forecast
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/54161
In seismology predictive properties of the estimated intensity function are often pursued. For this purpose, we propose an estimation procedure in time, longitude, latitude and depth domains, based on the subsequent increments of likelihood obtained adding an observation one at a time. On the basis of this estimation approach a forecast of earthquakes of a given area of Northern New Zealand is provided, assuming that future earthquakes activity may be based on the smoothing of past earthquakes.